Get help nowCall or Text 988
SHARE Omaha’s Do Good Week
Next week, April 19th-April 24th, the Omaha Metro Area can come together to support local causes in a variety of different ways during Share Omaha’s Do Good week, presented by FNBO!
As we are focused on our mission to serve as a supportive resource and compassionate voice for lives touched by mental illness and suicide, we hope you will join us during Do Good Week, to support our mission in whatever ways you can. If you are looking for ways in which you can support The Kim Foundation during Do Good Week, here are a few different things you can do!
– Start the week off by learning about our work on Mission Monday. As mentioned above our mission is to serve as a supportive resource and compassionate voice for lives touched by mental illness and suicide. To learn more about the work that we do go to www.thekimfoundation.org. And keep an eye out next Monday to learn more!
– Next Tuesday, you could give to The Kim Foundation for the first time on New Donor Tuesday. You could donate $5 on New Donor Tuesday! We know that 1 in 5 adults in the United States will experience a mental illness in a given year, so if you are thinking about donating for the first time, consider donating $5. Go here to donate – https://www.thekimfoundation.org/donate/
– On Wednesday you can learn about our Wish List Wednesday needs! There are a variety of different things on our wish list. Some of these include joining our Metro Area Suicide Prevention Coalition. For more information on this coalition go to www.thekimfoundation.org/metro-area-suicide-prevention-coalition/. Another community opportunity we have is our LOSS (Local Outreach to Suicide Survivors) Team. Members of the LOSS team consist of survivor volunteers (persons who have experienced the suicide of a loved one) and mental health professions. For more information on the LOSS team go to www.thekimfoundation.org/metro-area-loss-team/.
– Join us in spreading hope on Volun-Thursday. We will be spreading messages of hope across social media and encourage anyone to share those messages! If you are ever interested in volunteering at The Kim Foundation go to www.thekimfoundation.org/get-involved/or you can email our Outreach Coordinator, Jill Haupts at email@example.com.
– Next Friday is Fund it Friday! The Kim Foundation is celebrating our 20th Anniversary. Consider donating $20 for 20 years of hope, help, and healing. Click here to Donate – https://www.thekimfoundation.org/donate/
– And finally, next Saturday is Celebration Saturday! This will be a time to celebrate your generosity. And to also cheer us on as we hope to win a cash prize from FNBO, Omaha Steak, and Pottawattamie County Community Foundation. Follow along on SHARE Omaha’s Facebook page.
We are excited to partner with SHARE Omaha and the amazing work they are doing. We hope you will save the date(s) for Do Good Week next week. To learn more, go to SHAREomaha.org/dogoodweek.
Katie Zimmerman, Project Coordinator for The Kim Foundation
Katie Zimmerman joined The Kim Foundation in June 2019. She earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Studies and Sociology from Central College in Pella, Iowa. During her time in college, she volunteered at many non-profit organizations and took multiple sociology classes which focused on mental health. Katie’s role at The Kim Foundation includes running the social media accounts, assisting in the Youth Advisory Council, and providing mental health awareness and education to the community through A Voice for Hope and Healing presentations.